Welcome

Welcome to the Spiering Family website. This is our new blog. For older posts, please go here: http://www.freewebs.com/jaeljud/

Saturday, January 5, 2013

JMJ

Just after Thanksgiving, Craig's father came out for a long over due visit (we hadn't seen him since the Thanksgiving after Cecily was born).  It was a wonderful visit, and he also gave us a gift that I can't ever thank him for enough: he finished the remodeling of our kitchen.  He put in a new floor, trim, the remaining counter top, and threshold on all the doorways.  It looks FANTASTIC!  He also put the trim in our upstairs bathroom which we have needed to do since we remodeled that bath in 2006.  Oh, and he patched a big hold in a wall, replaced a broken window, secured some loose drawers in one of our dressers, and finally helped us process our venison.  And that was just in the time he has leftover between playing with the kids and relaxing with Craig and I.  We are SO grateful to him.  I feel that we are so much closer to being ready to rent this house out now.  I wish I had a picture to post of the new floor in the kitchen; actually I before and after comparison is definitely coming!

While I'm at it, here are a few more pictures from the last year, having nothing to do with the fixing up of the house, but having everything to do with our beloved children.  I wish I knew how to place the photos in a more pleasing composition.  If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

 Good night and Merry Christmas to you, on the eve of Epiphany.



but he hasn't out-grown those dimples!  Thank goodness! 
Getting to be such a young man . . . 
























The Boys





Doesn't he look all grown up and handsome?  






Aine was having too much fun to care that
her face was covered in dirt.  
I think the dirt makes her look older,
 what do you think?  








Cecily trying not to smile.
Cecily giving up the fight.




No comments:

Post a Comment